Quality control - Gems
QA procedure before customer dispatch, globally via DHL/other.
This occurs in addition to manufacturing QA on site in Japan.
- Clean dry hands
- Pick 3 pieces of each wood
- Rub fingers over wood to identify any rough edges
- Visually observe edges for any loose wood fibres
- Reject any gems with rough edges/machine markings and set aside (be conservative)
- Stack each block on its diagonal to ensure weighting is correct
- Ensure gems are inside bag inside box and counted and rechecked as above for QA
- Personally sign and number (according to spec) each set
- Note customer details against dispatch note number as well as unique item number for future reference and verification